Sunday, 11 September 2011

Where I Live!

I am very lucky indeed to live where I do, but it dawned on me today that even though I have shared where in England I live, I haven't actually shown you any pictures.

I live in a normal street, in a bog standard brown pebbledashed 1930's semi. My house looks out at other brown, dull semi's. That part I hate.

My view is as dull and brown as the house I live in, but my little cul-de-sac, has a little gate.

Actually it has two gates, each leading onto the moor, one at either end of the street.



Through these gates is another world, a green and beautiful world, where ponies, sheep and children roam free. Well within reason. We go for walks with the dog, we go jumping in muddy puddles, swinging in trees.



Yesterday a beautiful, yet over friendly pony tried to eat Monkey's coat hood. Monkey was not impressed, neither was mummy, but that is what can happen on the moor. You could walk for miles, I don't, but have done. We have our little walks that we take, up between the trees, to the big pile of leaves - perfect for jumping in, along the track, down into the quarry. There is so much open space, perfect for bike riding, kite flying, running, hiding and generally tiring the kids out.



We are so lucky to have this space and it is the main reason that I would never want to move away from here. Dartmoor and the sea mean the world to me, and give my children a freedom that a lot of children no longer are able to have.

4 comments:

  1. That looks lovely. The pony is so sweet. Looks like a nice place to live and bring up children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have all that countryside on my doorstep - so lovely for kids being outside so much (found this post on Love New Blogs btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I am very lucky. The moor on my doorstep and lovely beaches a hour away. I would not want to live anywhere else, it is just too beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to have the countryside right at the end of your street. I live in a large city in Yorkshire but within 15 mins drive in in the countryside and dales....bliss. Just love to go for a wander out in the fresh air and blow some cobwebs away. I'd hate to not have that escape route so near.

    ReplyDelete