Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Dartmoor - a wild haven!

Today I had the Tuesday pleasure of being on my own whilst I walked the dog. (All boys at school!)

My intention was to get out there on the moor and take some pictures of the beautiful views that we have from the top of the down.

The dog and I left amidst a sky of grey.

By the time we had got up to the top of the down it was raining, thick drizzly rain and so the view was some what, blurred with mist and rain.

At the top of our down is this little hut, it is known locally as 'The Pimple'. It sits on a mound that covers a small underground reservoir.  From here, the views on a clear day are fantastic!


At this point the rain got heavier, and we had to turn around and go back.


Looking back over town, you can see the rain drops on the lens. The sky now, completely grey and the rain getting harder and harder.

We headed back home, wishing I could have taken some nice pictures of the moor, but we just haven't had the weather lately and I don't think it is going to change soon.
By the time I got home, I was soaked and the dog....
Why are Labradors, so attracted to water? He had paddled in a big pool, and rolled in the mud!!
Oh, and Worm......yes, more tears!!

1 comment: