Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Thank God for the sales!

Sometimes I wonder if there is a girlie bone in my body.

You see, I have  always been a bit of a tomboy.

And as I have got older, I have tried to get more girlie, so as to not be totally swamped by the boys in the house.

I have added girlie touches to the house, nothing huge but so that you can tell a girl lives here!

I am still not a shopper, I have very few pairs of shoes, I don't own hair straighteners, and to be fair I never really use a hairdryer, my makeup collection is limited.

But I do like bags.

I don't have copious amounts, but a few.

But there is one I have lusted after for a while.

The problem, I have not wanted to pay full price - how could anyone spend that amount of money on a bag?

So a year ago I started saving.

All my car share money that goes in my pink pot, was being saved for this bag and a few other things (girlie things!)

So imagine my delight when I went online to the Orla Kiely website and saw that bags were up to 50% off.

My heart skipped a beat.

I ordered it there and then, and it arrived a few days later!

It's lovely, and it is so roomy. I took it out last week, with nappies, wipes, a bottle, my purse, camera, phone and playbook in!

Oh and I paid for it on credit card so my pink pot is untouched!!!!





1 comment:

  1. That is a very nice bag! I am similar to you, I don't do girly and have very few shoes as I hate shoe shopping, but bags and notebooks are my weakness!

    ReplyDelete