Sunday, 26 February 2012

Pinterest Party #2

Photobucket

Firstly a huge thank you to those of you that joined in last week, it was really appreciated. I have yet again found myself spending hours on Pinterest looking at what every ones has pinned and adding to my own boards.

I know there are other linkys for Pinterest but for those that, like me are not overly creative or don't have the time to sit and make things (I dream of the day) this one is for you.

What you do....
  1. Log in or set up an account on Pinterest.
  2. Then in the search bar type in the topic/theme for this week.
  3. This first week is RAINBOWS.
  4. Browse through the pictures until you find ONE picture that you like the most.
  5. PIN IT onto your board (Pinterest Party- you may have to create one)
  6. Blog about your choice of picture. Making sure you follow the RULES.
  7. Link back to moors-mummy in your post
  8. Return here and add your blog to the linky.
  9. Have a look at the others and comment on their blogs and follow on Pinterest!
  10. Enjoy it and come back next Sunday!
Rainbows have a very special place in my heart. To me there is something beautiful about the spectrum of colour. I love the way the colours contrast and yet go together.
They remind me of my friend.

Picture from Pinterest. Original source http://blogs.babble.com

My friend, was 13 when she died and her death upset me a lot.
I still sometimes feel that even 22 years later, that I haven't coped with it at all.
I know I have moved on, but that day changed so much of my life and my day to day routines.
My relationships.
I have struggled to make true friends ever since.
As a mum, living in a town where I didn't grow up, I have few friends, and no, what I would class as real friends. Sometimes it bothers me greatly.

Rainbows used to be my way of knowing she was happy and safe. They gave me comfort, and when I see one now, my heart jumps a little and a smile comes to my face. I know she has gone, but she will always be a part of me.
And even now, the colours bring back loads of very happy memories of her and me together.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yum, that looks soo scrummy! Have tried linking up my pinterest party post to your linky but it doesn't seem to be showing up? xx

    ReplyDelete